Abstract: Suri is a 61 year old female from Indonesia diagnosed with metastatic lung-brain cancer. She had undergone 22 radiation treatments, took Iressa, Tarceva and Sutent. She also received 40 chemo injections. Her condition deteriorated. As a last resort, her family brought her to us on 8 May 2011. She was wheeled into out centre being unable to walk on her own. She was unable to talk, showed no facial expression and did not seem to know what was going on around her. Suri found healing after taking our herbs and undergoing the e-Therapy.
Chris K. H. Teo & Ch’ng Beng Im-Teo
CA Care, 5 Lebuhraya Gelugor, 11600 Penang, Malaysia.
Declaration of Interest: We thank the patient and her family for sharing this bitter-sweet story with us. Permission to use these video clips without having to cover their faces is granted by the patient’s husband. The authors are practising herbalists as such have financial interest in the use of herbs mentioned in this article. CA Care records its sincere thanks to Dr. Adrian Larsen, President of Miridia Technology Inc., USA, for his generosity in donating a unit of AcuGraph 4 for our research at CA Care. We receive no financial incentive whatsoever from Miridia Technology for writing this article. Consultation, undergoing the e-Therapy and acugraphing at CA Care are provided to cancer patients free of charge.
Copyright: This is an open-access journal and the reproduction of this article in any medium for educational purposes is allowed provided the original work is properly cited. The use of this article for commercial purposes, however, requires our prior permission. ___________________________________________________________________________________
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in men and women. Every year, about 93,000 men and 80,000 women in the U.S are affected by lung cancer and 86% die within 5 years of diagnosis (1). Data in Malaysia showed that among cancer deaths in 1998, 20.9 of them were due to lung cancer (2). Lung cancer is the most common type of cancer to spread to the brain, with at least 40% of people with lung cancer developing brain metastases at some point during their disease. Small cell lung cancer can spread to the brain rapidly, often before the diagnosis of lung cancer is made. Non-small cell lung cancer can spread to the brain as well, though often later in the disease (3).
The overall 5-year survival rate for advanced (stage 4) lung cancer is unfortunately less than 10%. The median survival time (time at which 50% of patients are alive and 50% have died) is about 8 months. Generally doctor will tell patients that advanced stage lung cancer is treatable although it is not usually curable (4).
Suri (M971) is a 61 year old female from Indonesia. Her family came to seek our help on 8 May 2011. She was wheeled into out centre being unable to walk on her own. She was unable to talk, showed no facial expression and did not seem to know what was going around her. According to her husband, she behaved like a child.
Suri was diagnosed with non-small cell lung cancer in 2008.
She had 22 times of radiation treatments in Singapore. No chemo was done. She was given the oral drug, Iressa. She took it for about a year. Her tongue became numb and so she gave it up. The doctor then gave her Tarceva. She was on this drug for about two years.
About a year later, in 2009, the cancer spread to her brain. She underwent chemotherapy. This was also done in Singapore. Her chemotherapy consisted of the following:
- 1 cycle of chemo divided into 3 injections, done once a week for 6 months. That means a total of 18 injections.
- 1 cycle of chemo every 2 weeks for 6 months. That means a total of 12 injections.
- 1 cycle of chemo every month for 6 months. That means 6 injections.
- 1 cycle of chemo every 2 months for a total of 3 injections.
- 1 cycle of chemo every 3 months. She received only 1 injection.
In total she received 40 chemo injections. Three months after all these treatments, MRI showed one additional tumour appeared in her brain.
Came to CA Care on 8 May 2011
Her husband said, “We knew that chemo did not work for her. We decided to seek the help of CA Care. Please try and help us. Now the oncologist prescribed this drug, Sutent. She has been taking in for about a month now. “(Note: after seeing us, the family decided to stop taking Sutent).
She presented with the following serious problems:
- Severe headaches
- When her two hands are put together, they “fight” trying to tear each other apart.
My comments to the family then were:
- Based on her medical history, I really don’t know what I can do to help her. We can only try.
- I don’t want to mislead or cheat you – making your believe that you can find a cure here.
After Two Months on CA Care’s Herbs
On 11 July 2011, the family brought Suri to see us again. Suri’s health had improved tremendously after taking herbs for two month.
- Before the herbs, her vision was blurred and she was not able to recognize people around her. But this has since improved. She is now able to recognize people around her again.
- Previously she was not able to watch the TV at all. Now, she is able to understand what is going on and can laugh when watching certain programs.
- Previously she was not able to comprehend our conversation and was oblivious to her surroundings. Now, she is able to understand and talk to us. She knows what is going on around her. Her sister said, “She can now scold people around her”!
- Now she can remember past events and can tell stories based on old photos. Her husband said, “When she saw our old photos she would talk and talk about it.” But she is not able to remember current events.
- In the morning, we bring her for a walk. She can walk 8 rounds of the basket ball court every morning without help. Of course she still lacks strength to walk by herself. Before she couldn’t walk at all.
- When sleeping, she can now turn to the left or right. Previously she had to sleep flat and straight unable to turn sideways.
Happy Hour at CA Care – A Week of Miraculous Healing
Suri came back to CA Care again after about four months on herbs. We started her on the e-Therapy on Sunday 28 August 2011 – everyday (inclusive of the Hari Raya (Muslim Festive season after Ramadan) and Malaysia’s Independence Day holidays. The only thing we can say is, It is most rewarding to see how she benefited from what we do here. It is fun to joke with her and see her infectious smile! An inspiring experience indeed!
Watch this video
- When she is not in pain, she is happy. She would tell stories and sing.
- She is able to react to the environment and respond to our questions, etc.
- Before the e-Therapy, she was feeling “cold” and could not take to the air-con in the room. After a few days, she was fine – no need thick clothings or a cap to cover her head.
- Everyday her strength seemed to increase!
- Each morning her husband shared with us Suri’s dream. One night she dreamt of eating a certain kind of fruit – she couldn’t remember the name. Suri made her sister name all the fruits. At last one name came up, “duku” and yes, that was the fruit that she ate! One night she dreamt of a person wanting to sell her a Mercedes Benz. She did not get to buy the car because her husband woke her up. Then the next night she dreamt of buying an expensive diamond ring.
- First visit 8 May 2011
2. After about four months on herbs only – 28 August 2011 before the e-Therapy
3. After 4 sessions of e-Therapy + herbs – 1 September 2011
4. After 5 sessions of e-Therapy + herbs – 2 September 2011
5. After 9 sessions of e-Therapy – 5 September 2011
Conversation With the Patient’s Husband
You came to see us on Sunday 28 August 2011. You had to pay over a thousand US dollars for each ticket. And there are three of you. That’s a lot of money. Why did you want to spend that kind of money when at ordinary time it cost only about US$150 to fly return?
Husband: This is because my wife is very important to me. She was in a lot of pain and I didn’t know what to do to help her. So I have to fly in immediately to see you.
As I told you that night, I cannot guarantee good results but I would do my best to help her. But deep inside me, I felt that we could “win”.
H: Yes, we agreed that we would try.
On Sunday night (28 August 2011) we started the e-Therapy. This is Monday 5 September 2010. That means she had undergone 8 cycles of the therapy. Do you see any difference in her?
H: Wah, tremendous improvements. This morning is the best results I have seen. This morning she can shake her feet. This was what she used to do when she was healthy but since she had cancer she could not do that anymore.
So you really “see” improvements?
H: A lot of improvements. I have not seen such great improvements. You see, just now she could stand up by herself – something that she could not do before.
So are you satisfied with the results?
H: Extremely satisfied – very, very satisfied.
Are you happy and satisfied having to go through all the trouble to come here?
H: Extremely satisfied. Let me honestly tell you this. When the Singapore oncologist “surrendered” and would not give her more chemo, I told all my children – “We shall go for herbs and hope that she would not suffer any pain. If she has to die, let her go in peace without any pain”. Pain is terrible. But after two months on your herbs, she started to recover – extraordinary healing indeed. It is a miracle. It is Godsend. I did not expect this at all. I have suffered for two and a half years when she was undergoing her medical treatments. Come 9 September 2011 (4 days more!) she would have been on your herbs for four months.
Confession: I regretted – Money Does Not Buy Cure
Husband: For all the treatments – radiotherapy, Iressa, Tarceva, chemotherapy and Sutent – the total cost came to more or less 2 milyar Indonesian rupiah (1 milyar is 1,000,000,000 – nine zeros) which is about S$300,000. The cost of one tablet of Tarceva is S$195 and she took this for about 2 years. One tablet of Sutent cost S$210 and she took this for a month plus. One chemo cost about S$7,000. I was curious about one expenditure item of S$120.00. After an enquiry I was told that it was the cost of the chair (plus services provided) which my wife sat on while receiving chemotherapy. The doctor’s consultation cost S$150.00, if I am not mistaken. I was also told to only buy the drugs from the doctor. I was told that cheaper drugs bought outside the oncologist’s clinic could be a fake. I believed everything what the doctor told me.
It is okay to spend that kind of money if there was a cure. But there was no cure. I regretted for going to Singapore for the treatment.
Let me confess. I was full of remorse. I regretted because even before she went for chemo, my relative in Penang had suggested that we try the herbs. I refused to entertain that idea. In my mind, that is all hocus pocus. How can herbs be better than the doctors in Singapore? Herbs are just traditional stuff and if they are that good then all doctors will have to close shop. So I dismissed the idea of taking herbs as being absolutely nonsensical. I say again, I regretted this very much.
The doctors told her to eat anything – to make her stronger. And when she regained her strength, she got “hammered” with the chemo again. The cycle went on and on. Where do we go from there? On reflection, I begun to see how illogical it was.
CA Care, the Last Hope
In low voice, Suri’s husband said, “Actually my wife requested that I leave her to die. She did not want to suffer any more.” At that point, a distant relative in Penang called us and suggested that we try CA Care. I had a discussion with my children. We shall abandon further medical treatment and go for herbs. At that time we were hoping for pain relief. We would accept if she dies but not to be in pain.
When you first came to CA Care, did you ever believe in what we do? I made it very clear to you from the very beginning that I cannot cure you.
H: What you told me that night was most sensible. Stop taking all the bad food that encourage cancer and then use the herbs to help the body against cancer. This makes a lot of sense to me. We gave her the herbs for a week. She spat it all out onto our face. My relative talked and joked with her. When she was more relaxed we held her down, squeezed her nose and forced the herbs into her throat. After three days of doing that, there were less headaches. We had more confidence in your herbs.
She has been on the herbs for 4 months now, have you got anything to say about that?
H: I would like to say thank you so much for helping us. I don’t know what to say. We have been doing this therapy everyday and you didn’t even charge us (broke down and cried). If you want me to worship you, I would do that.
To this Chris replied, Don’t worship me. Worship God and give thanks to Him. It is not me who do all these. I was just doing my best to help. My two children are doing well with their Ph.D.s. What we are doing here is not about money. In life money is not all important.
Very good (sigh) I am real happy to be able to see her getting better every day.
H: I am extremely happy.
Read the full story of this miraculous healing: